Pick the Sod That's Right For You
Can't find your brand? Call us and we can match what you might be looking for.
Bermuda thrives in Southeastern Climate and full sun and performs poorly in shade. It is a hearty grass that grows and repairs itself quickly and is the most durable and popular choice for residential lawns, golf courses and athletic fields. For optimal appearance, this grass requires ample water, frequent mowing and generous fertilization. It has a fine texture and good weed resistance.
- Thrives in Full Sun, Southern Climate
- Aggressive Grower & Establishes Quickly (with proper maintenance)
- Recovers from stress, such as pest & disease, quickly
- Fine Blade & Deep Green Color
- High-Traffic Tolerant
- Reel or Rotary mower
- Tolerates higher Salt levels in Soil & Water
- Dormant in Winter months
- Can be installed in dormant state
- Creeping Growth Pattern (creeps along ground as it grows & enables tight coverage.
Zoysia (Zoysia Japonica) is the best choice for a partially shaded area due to it’s extreme shade tolerance. It’s a low-maintenance grass that thrives in warm humid conditions. In general, zoysias have excellent drought tolerance and exhibit disease and insect resistance at a lower-maintenance cost. Most commonly used in lawn application, zoysia is also an excellent choice on golf courses for fairways and teeing areas. This dense turf not only looks great, but feels great to bare feet!
- Fine to Medium Texture, depending on brand variety
- Very Shade Tolerant
- Extremely Dense and Tight Growing Turf
- Weed resistant due to density
- Maintenance Friendly, low growth habit
- Great for Erosion Control
- Less Fertilization Requirements than that of Bermudagrasses
- Great Tolerance of Full Sun & Southern Climate (Hot & Cold)
- Goes dormant in Winter and can be installed in dormant state
- Creeping growth pattern (creeps along ground as it grows & enables tight coverage)
- Doesn’t like to be “over watered” and is more Drought Tolerant
Get Your Sod Today
Need a place to start? We’ve broken it down into 4 easy steps. Download the resources linked to find out more.
WHAT TYPE OF SOD IS RIGHT FOR ME?
Choose a turf variety that will thrive by considering the environmental aspects of the yard (sun, shade, etc.), its intended use (children, adults, pets), and the overall appearance that you’re looking for (blade type, color).
HOW MUCH SOD DO I NEED?
Determine how much sod you need by multiplying the length of the area by the width of the area to determine the square footage. If the yard has twist and turns, divide it into squares or right triangles and total the footage.
HOW TO ORDER MY SOD?
Ordering farm fresh sod is easy, simply call, text, email or submit our “Request A Quote” form. One of our team members will guide you through the process of confirming sod variety, amount, timing and delivery specifics.
YOU PICK UP OR WE DELIVER
For the convenience of our customers, we offer pick up at any of our three locations or delivery to the project site. Delivery charges are determined based on the location, and a minimum purchase is required.